View Single Post
Hello Ken,

This is nice! I like being able to comment on your top ten..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Add a conventional tab bar (#12937)
As long as the existing thumbnail / drawer implementation remains then feel free to make others happy. But the tabs drawer implementation is the #1 thing I love about OW. Whenever I use a browser with a conventional tab bar I spend the whole time thinking how much it sucks.
Quote:
Incremental page search (find as you type) (#15247)
Yes, this would be nice. I do like the Safari implementation, but the FF one is good as well. This would be a nice-to-have.
Quote:
Add the ability to block or disable Flash, QuickTime, other plug-ins without requiring regex (#4965)
My ideal solution would be to have a checkbox in the Site Preferences that lets me turn on / off Flash the same way I can turn Java on and off per site.
Quote:
Provide some way to sort (reorder) bookmarks permanently so they appear sorted in the menu (#240)
Bring back the bookmarks drawer [bookmarks sidebar] (#13035)
I do not have any problem with the bookmarks implementation as it is.
Quote:
Lock status bar icon should show site's security info/certificate (#16051)
Yes!
Quote:
Allow moving/dragging tabs from one workspace to another, deleting them, etc. (#13082)
Confirm Quit dialog box, optionally only when edited forms exist (#3581)
Support multiple logins (username/passwords) per website, autocomplete logins (#13995)
Undo support for closing tabs/windows (#13237)
I can see these being handy, but have never wished for them myself.
Quote:
Suggested improvements for URL autocomplete matching (#7404)
Sure, though I do not know what the suggested improvements are..
Quote:
New tabs should open up as a child of, or next to, a root tab (#17671)
This would be great. Yes, please.

Overall, I would pick #4965, #17671, #16051, #15247 in that order, as features I would want.

And if I could, I would like to toss in my own pet features and / or vote for others:

1. Being able to disable automatic page reloading (as another poster said) would be excellent (looking at you cbc.ca/news).

2. A Go button. Seriously! I know it's so Netscape4, but I'm serious. I have a modbook that doesn't come with a keyboard, and sometimes it just happens that I copy / paste a url into the address bar, and then have to open up the onscreen keyboard, click the enter key and close the onscreen keyboard. A Go button would save me the hassle and would be a nice addition to the list of Navbar buttons.

3. A Service that Searches in Google with Omniweb. I can open a URL in OW, but Searching with Google gives me Safari.

It is nice to see that OW is still getting some love from OG.