View Single Post
Well, the real world test(s) don't pan out so well. I still get the sync button with exclamation point on the iPhone, the same error message, and also I got the dreaded "Which copy do you want to use? The server or the local?" message, too, which I haven't seen in months. I'm going back to the Auto setting in Bonjour Sync on the iPhone and just have to suck up the error message.

I really do think, however, that there's a better solution for this. Just because people ride the subvway and do work in OF on their iPhones "off network" shouldn't mean they have to see an error message next time they get on a Bonjour network with their Macs and do a sync.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but Cultured Code somehow has this worked out with its Things sync in the same testing scenarios--i.e., sync on network, work off network, then sync on network. You never get these type of error messages.

I know syncing architecture is very difficult to perfect, though. Just look at Apple and MobileMe...it's dubious whether they'll ever get that right.

Last edited by santra; 2009-04-22 at 01:01 AM..