View Single Post
Quote:
Mailing an action directly into your database requires that either you have a machine running all the time to handle incoming mail, or you have a copy of your database on an Omni server, and they have a machine running all the time. The latter means that they need to effectively run a subset of OmniFocus for thousands of clients, and it is possible that they haven't figured out an efficient, robust manner to do so. Also requires setting up some infrastructure to give everyone their own private email address to which they can mail their actions. Certainly nothing impossible, but something you want done right so that it can be trusted.

I don't see as bad as all that.

I see this as feature of Omnisync where it acts as a "catcher" for tasks sent via email and orchestrates them into you DB on the next synch. No need to host the entire DB for a customer, just those items coming into their "omnisystem" from outside the supported technologies that are as of yet not synched.

The brilliant way to do it would be to provide an xml API that way scripts and mods could send to it from almost anything... but I digress....

NirvanaHQ looks great and I almost selected it over Omnifocus until I tried to use it on my ipad. Blech.

--David