View Single Post
Mark, I'm not Brian, although we have a similar silhouette from the neck down :-) Talking to him today at Macworld, I think it is safe to say that you might not like his answer: the company is trying to ship 5 new iPad applications this year (OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniGraphSketcher, OmniOutliner, OmniPlan), and frankly, it was already a pretty aggressive plan to get OmniFocus 2 out the door this year (along with the other planned Mac software releases) before that plan came along... there's also a 1.8 OmniFocus release (which won't have any multi-user features, so far as I know) due to hit the streets soon.

I'm disappointed in some ways, because Ken told me about some very interesting work they've done for linking OmniPlan and OmniFocus in the 2.x releases of both products, but I think trying to be ready with great apps for the iPad early on is the right move for Omni, and in the long run, for us, too. Undoubtedly some potential (and current) customers will be lost because they simply can't wait any longer for either a product or a definite date, but as the old saying goes, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs...