View Single Post
I'd like to resurrect this thread as the lack of duplicate (or even a smart cut and paste) is a serious workflow hindrance for me. For small projects, which are the majority for most people, you may have just one next action, or perhaps a few independent actions. You do it, or some part of it, and then want to enter a follow-up. The follow-up is likely to be very similar in form to the other item. You can: a) Enter a new task, duplicating much of the previous task by hand. I find this to be a real waste of time. Sometimes, the new task will jump to a new location while I am editing. OF says this is a bug, but it does happen. b) command-option-r to go to the project and then command-d to duplicate. But this yanks you into a different context (not gtd context), and the switch is relatively slow. And then you switch back, which is also disruptive. c) If you copy an item in project mode, and paste it into an item field, you get a link to the original item. This might be useful 1 time in 1000. I know I could submit YAFR (yet another feature request), but I don't see feature requests as being acted on quickly or frequently. I am hoping someone has a decent workaround.