View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Depending on the situation, a task which is already overdue may not be quite as important as preventing a task which isn't yet overdue from becoming so. Running after the bus you've already missed may be less productive than making sure you don't miss the next one :-)

As for priorities, I rather enjoyed the natural tendency of everyone dumping their problems in my lap to label their work as the utmost priority. When everyone did it, I could work on whatever I wanted because it was all important :-)

OK, so I found a system that appears to be working like I had wanted: a way to prioritize Today or This Week's tasks.

I set up Contexts as follows:

Contexts
NOW
Groceries
WAITING FOR
SOON
SOME DAY/ON HOLD
Meetings
Recreation
goals
Rituals
Repeating
Home

I then added the following detail (see below), to expand only when I am looking at task scheduling for the next week/or today. At that point I would prioritize with the detail of specific contexts (email; phone etc).

No Context
Contexts
NOW:
...Phone
......#1 Prority
......#2 priority
...Email
......#1 priority
......#2 priority
...Desk
......#1 priority
......#2 priority
...Mac
......#1 priority
......#2 priority
...Errands
......#1 priority
......#2 priority
...Groceries
WAITING FOR
SOON
SOME DAY/ON HOLD
Meetings
Recreation
goals
Rituals
Repeating
Home

I make up a new task schedule everyday, for which I use the flags - but at least now I can see my current (this weeks') priorities. If I want to move tasks up or down the list, I can by shuffling them through the different priorities in contexts.

Hope this makes sense. I am really excited that finally I have figured out a way to prioritize! Still would love to be able to shuffle tasks by the "drag and drop" method - but until then, this is working!!

Last edited by clarejulian; 2013-03-02 at 03:17 PM..