View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
There's some discussion on your first question here.

For your second, I have a "waitingfor" context for which the "doesn't allow next actions" setting works beautifully. I don't want to see those actions when I'm looking at what I can do next (Next or Available), and yet I want the context available when planning projects or adding new actions.
Thanks for the pointer to the other thread. The comment about making contexts inactive as a sort of archive thing (e.g. if you change jobs, makes some sense, but doesn't seem hugely useful. The discussion about constantly activating-deactivating contexts (home vs work) seems crazy-busy to me. I just select the contexts that are appropriate at any given time. (And when the 'perspectives' feature comes on line, selection-groups will be even easier/quicker).

And I still don't quite get the 'allow next actions' thing. If you don't want to see those actions when you are looking at what you can do next, then just de-select that context. When planning projects, you are probably working projects view, so the context setting is irrelevant.

I guess what I don't understand is what functionality do these settings provide that you can't replicate faster and more simply by just adjusting your context selection state?