View Single Post
I'm not sure how other apps do it, but I can see a particular problem with using Forecast exclusively (at least to view/check off actions).

What if say the current project you're working on on Monday is due on Friday. It's a bunch of non-sequential actions. All of these are flagged for Friday yet you'll be working on them all week. You could go ahead and assign them to be due on individual days, but there really is no reason to. According to your Forecast... your whole week is clear until Friday.

I'm actually in this exact scenario right now - swatting a bunch of bugs for a feature I finished up last week. This will likely go on for another couple weeks.

Prior to OF, pen and paper, I just 'knew' I wanted to be done with the current list of bugs by a certain date. Every morning I would review the list in the bug tracker and pick a handful to complete for that day, jotting down the numbers on my notepad. And that was it. But with OF, if there's a list of bugs available, I'll put them all in at once. And at least how I did it today, won't bother to assign dates directly, just have a due date in a '<This Feature> Bugs' project.