Thread: Minor requests
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese View Post
I don't why people are having compatibility problems with Speed Download. A long time ago ... nearly a year, I think ... there was a period when OW5s would only pass URLs over when they were on the same server as the link. But that was solved ages ago for me. I have no problems at all ... there are odd occasions on which text files that don't get handed over but it happens so rarely for me that I haven't bothered to try to think why.

Apart from that, the only thing that Safari has with SD that OW doesn't is that in Safari you can turn SD downloading on or off via the contextual menu ... but that's set up by Yazsoft. It's not down to the browser.

Mark
My problem was that suddenly OmniWeb would start eating up huge amounts of CPU for no reason. I emailed support and they suggested that SD could be causing the problem. Since I’ve had it disabled in OmniWeb I haven’t had the CPU problem once. I don’t know why it doesn’t affect everyone the same or what other factors might make it come up, but there’s certainly still some incompatibility between these two programs.