View Single Post
I wonder if some integration between OF and OP might ever be on the cards?

Seems to me there is clearly a use for planning with OP and then heading to OF for day to day task management.

At the moment I effectively do this by using Merlin for project planning (largely because unlike OP it syncs with iCal to create 'all day event' calendars that are easier to share / sync with team and clients) ... and then manually re-set up my projects and set up their constituent tasks in OF. Works fine - but would be way better to keep all three elements (Project Planner, Calendar, Task Management) in sync ... and ideally all in an Omni way on the Project and Task fronts.

So, one would set up projects and their scheduling of start and due dates, dependencies, etc in OP, and then head over to OF to deal with the tasks that are needed to complete those projects.

Would be great to bring together Gantt chart based project planning and GTD task management. Somehow I suppose one would need to overcome the fact that each system (and therefore app) uses a different hierarchy of terminology though - ie. "Tasks" in OP are really "Projects" in the OF/GTD sense. Would "task groups" in OP become project "folders" in OF?