View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel
Another thing I was wondering about (I'm not yet testing OF :'( ), which might also fall into this area:

What are, or will be, the options for analysing past actions?

I know so far there is some kind of archive (from the thread about archiving repeating actions or not), but I haven't seen how it works.

Does GTD as a concept ever look back and analyse to improve future planning or is this something GTD doesn't bother with?

Disclaimer: I have to admit, I'm not a GTDer, I just built myself a system very similar to GTD in LifeBalance and I'm dying to get a better app for that purpose. I'm planning to read the book this summer though.
Currently the alpha version just keeps all completed actions and projects around. The filters let you view completed items and group them by completion date. There isn't yet any analysis of past data.

GTD is primarily concerned with accomplishing things in the present. There is a notion of "higher altitude" reviews, but those are only treated briefly in the book. I personally tend to draw more on Steven Covey's ideas for broader reviews of past performance and future plans, stuff from Seven Habits and First Things First.