View Single Post
Peeja,

I think your original question was perfectly clear. So, Chris, the penalty is on you for unnecessary roughness. ;-)

OF doesn't currently do what you are asking for. I think it is a very interesting idea, but doesn't quite fit in the current scheme of contexts in OF. For example, suppose you select both the Town and Big City contexts in context view. Should the full thread show up then? And how should it change if you're grouping by context? Would the first and third tasks show up under Town and the second task under Big City?

One way that I've handled similar situations is to put the sequential tasks for a single context into one action. I may only partially complete the action. In that case I'll just delete the part I complete (if the record keeping is inconsequential) or use duplicate and some editing to split the action in two. This isn't strict GTD because I don't have a single next action, but then taking care of a series of tasks while I'm out and about feels a lot like a single action to me.

Curt