Thread: Ow 5.6
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshalperin
Any plan to upgrade autofill? This is a weak-point of 5.5.
Indeed. OmniWeb's AutoFill has never worked properly. It barely works at all. Safari's works perfectly, and I wish Omni would figure out how to just copy it. OW's is completely useless.

The current version (5.5.4) suffers from extremely poor performance, very often, as well. It renders HTML quickly enough under normal circumstances, but the app just gets slower and slower, the longer you leave it open, eating more and more memory (much of which never gets freed up until you quit the app) until you find yourself yelling in frustration. If it's been open for awhile and I haven't used it in the last 30 minutes or so, I've had to wait literally up to 5 minutes while the enormous VM chunks page back in before the browser becomes usable again. It's actually faster to just force quit it and start it up again.

Still getting crashes here and there too, though thankfully not that many lately. I wish Omni would get rid of that stupid crash catcher; it just adds another 15-20 seconds of delay and frustration when it could simply die and let me launch it again. I'm getting really sick of seeing that idiotic nonsense about the "hee-whackity" everytime that happens too.

It's a sad state of affairs and I hope things improve soon. OW is one of the biggest pains in my ass in the course of a normal day, these days.

Last edited by Stormchild; 2007-03-29 at 12:54 PM..