View Single Post
OF doesn't work like Things, as you're finding out. Best way to create a 'Today' style list is to flag things you want to do Today, and create a perspective for flagged items. This way the items will not lose their meaning so much by being dragged somewhere else.

If you're thinking like what you said in 2) above then you sound like you haven't played around with perspectives, which are in effect like Smart Folders but much more powerful. Basically, a perspective is a snapshot of anything / everything you want, saved for later convenience.

Having a 'Today' list which you keep pushing forward is 'not very GTD' (I'll say that before anyone else does :P) and Omnifocus doesn't have a today system built in for that reason. I use flags to mark a bunch of stuff I want to do as a motivation tool sometimes on days where things are a bit all over the place, but most days I don't bother and just plod through my tasks and projects in the order intended.

Moving stuff in and out of a Single Actions project seems a bit cumbersome. You need to forget about the Things way of doing stuff for a bit. And go and read up on GTD again. There is no Today, only Next :)

(Sorry for being so boring, I'm only saying what most other people will say about Omnifocus and GTD)