View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4flies View Post
Why wouldn't overdue items, whose start date is past, not show up with the Available setting?
Besides what Brian mentioned, there are a few more cases why overdue items might not show up as Available. Do they have a context assigned? Prior to the 1.6 Sneaky Peek and the corresponding iPhone version, not having a context assigned would keep an item from being considered available. Also, if assigned to a context or project that is on hold or dropped. Another possibility (if not in this particular case) is that the start date is still in the future (you probably didn't intentionally set a start date later than the due date, but mistakes happen now and then with data entry, accidentally including something in the selection when making a bulk change in the inspector, changing start or due without changing the other, etc.)

I make a point of checking due dates with a Remaining setting to protect me against such surprises. I think this might also be why the "Due Soon" selector on the desktop version looks at all remaining actions instead of just available ones, as discussed in another recent thread.