View Single Post
I've can't get OF for iPhone to perform the initial sync with a Swiss Disk account and I hope someone will be able to help.

I have OF for Mac running on OS X 10.6.5. OF/Mac syncs when I start it, or manually, without any trouble. I can sync manually on my home WiFi network as well as over a home ethernet connection. I have verified that the OF items in OS X keychain are correct.

I have tried to perform an initial sync from OF/iPhone to Swiss Disk many times. I open OF/iPhone, select "Set Up Sync", Open OF/Mac Preferences, select Sync>Advanced>Share Settings, and the settings are successfully transferred. I have verified that the web address for the Swiss Disk server is correct by going into "Set Up Manually" on OF/iPhone and looking at it. I cut and paste the User Name and Password from their saved location in 1Password, and I have verified that they are correct. The "Preparing to Synchronize" message appears and there it stays. There is no movement on the progress bar.

I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 running. I have tried deleting the app from my iPhone and reinstalling it. I have restarted the iPhone. I have also done both of these in sequence. I have tried performing the initial sync over 3G with WiFi disabled. I have deleted the app and then performed the upgrade from version 1.7 to 1.8, when it appeared on Nov. 17. I have even tried to start things using "Make New Database" instead of "Set Up Sync" as detailed in the last item currently on the OmniFocus for iPhone Faq. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app between experiments to avoid the possibility of troublesome legacy settings. Nothing works.

The database is very small. I have created 4 or 5 folders each in Project View and in Context View and have used them to organize about 20 projects and contexts respectively. Most of them are empty. I have a total of 5 actions. Nevertheless, I let one sync attempt go for about 15 minutes before I closed OF.

My router is locked up pretty tight but I don't think that could be the problem, or why wouldn't the attempt on 3G work?, so I will spare you the AirPort settings. In any case. I have no other problems using the iPhone over this network, including Evernote, which as you may know also syncs local info to a remote server although it's not WebDav.

Please forgive the length of this post, but I have been trying to eliminate possibilities which occurred to me by reading previous entries on this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions?