View Single Post
Hello everyone,
are changes to an OF DB cached for some time before being transferred in a syncing process?

with the last OF versions for mac & iphone there has come up the following issue for me:
I sync a mac and an 2G iPhone several times a day. The process normally works quite well.
However after my weekly review on the last friday the following happened:
1) Starting situation: Friday, noon, both devices in sync.
2) I do tons of changes on the mac (the reviews brought about ~400 zip files worth of changes)
3) Mac Syncs to MobileMe
4) iPhone syncs to MobileMe
5) I realize: Not all changes are on the phone. As the iPhone version sometimes needs a restart or some time after a sync to display the fresh data i follow up with a restart of the iPhone OF app.
6) New data does not shop up on the phone.
7) Sync phone again, no changes.
8) Hmm, did the mac possibly fail to upload all changes? => Sync OF on Mac.
9) Sync phone again, no changes.
10) Doh!

In essence i synced both devices 6 times (each one at least three times), alternating between the both devices. Alls syncs ran well without any errors reported.

I ran the weekend with both devices not in sync (currently i have no internet connection @home) and on monday a single sync of both devices brought all the changes made on friday to the phone.

Now both devices are in sync.
I have no idea why the changes moved to the iphone only now but not already on friday.

I do remember having a similar issue a few weeks ago so this is not a one-off issue.

Confused
Silvan