View Single Post
It seems to be font-related somehow, perhaps because OmniWeb is using an obsolete and deprecated method, CGContextSetFontRenderingMode instead of CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle.

When I first upgraded to Snow Leopard I had this problem but clearing the old fonts out of ~/Library/Fonts fixed it. However since the 10.6.2 update I've been having the same problem even though ~/Library/Fonts is empty. What's odd is that some pages will crash if used in combination with each other but work ok by themselves. However any embedded YouTube page will crash OW instantly and until now I never realized just how common YouTube embedding is.

Creating a new user solves the problem which means it could be either a problem with preferences (though deleting the OW pref folder and pslist don't help) or more likely an issue with an interaction with something installed by another application. If you have crash problems can you let me know if you have Parallels Desktop installed?

This extremely frustrating for me as I've been using OW since 1994 (on a NeXT) and it's become useless with Snow Leopard. So far I've been living with the crashes but if it doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to migrate to Safari :-(.