View Single Post
I'm new to OF, and was hoping there was a clean way of doing the following.

One of my "projects" is a committee that I'm on. The meetings we have are action items, as are the things I specifically have to do for the committee. I would love to be able to integrate my meeting notes, rough thoughts, whatever, in with the action items themselves (so that when I'm reviewing the work to be done, and planning additional actions, I have the full picture). The committee work is ongoing, so this is something where I'm continually revising and adjusting the plan, and the notes are critical for doing this.

Is there a way to mark an item as "non-action"? My notes are not something that makes sense to "complete" -- and I don't want them to disappear from view when I check them off. Notes should not show up on a list of "next things to do."

I'm using OF on both my Mac, and my iPhone. If I keep my notes in a separate file on the Mac, I won't be able to read them on the iPhone.

So far, I'm loving OmniFocus. I had been trying to do a paper version of GTD for about a year, but kept falling off the wagon. OF seems to be much easier for me to drive, and simple enough that I think I'll be able to keep things under control.