View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Smart Groups : Have I missed something? Is tagging in play in one of the latest builds? If so, I'm one step closer to productivity nirvana.
I merely meant that smart groups--as they are implemented in iTunes, Finder, and so forth--would be a more generalized and flexible way of achieving the same end. No, they have not yet been implemented. I seem to recall Omni alluding to their presence on the roadmap, but I could be wrong. Judging from dhm2006's comment, it seems I may just be.

This discussion probably belongs in its own thread, but it was my understanding that "perspectives" were initially intended to provide a way of grouping contexts non-hierarchically: when I'm at home, I can handle things in my @home, @calls, @mac contexts, so group them together.

Extending the feature beyond this scope seems confusing to me, and would be much better suited for a more traditional "smart groups" implementation. Disclaimer: I'm behind a build or two, and haven't had a chance to actually play with the feature yet.

Just my $0.02.