View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoisite View Post
As I said many times OmniFocus is incredibly powerful (much more than Things), but not used right it can lead to disaster. That is the main advantage of Things: It is designed so simple and self-explanatory that it is virtually impossible for you to miss a task (one would have to try really really hard to do so or be really dumb). If you will, Things is foolproof - OmniFocus is not (because it is more sophisticated).
I have a license for Things Mac and Things Touch and for a long time I used both in parallel. Not because I needed to use two task managers-doing so is the ultimate 'not low-drag, not GTD' solution. I like 'playing' with task managers, but I also expect the tool to work for me.

There is a lot to like in Things for the Mac but Things Touch-not so much. Think it's virtually impossible to miss a task in Things? If so, then create several repeating tasks with scheduled start dates in Things Mac and then go on the road for a few days with nothing but an iPhone as I did about a month ago. None of the scheduled tasks appear on Things Touch unless they are synced daily to Things Mac, and syncing is not possible OTA. I would have been totally screwed had I not also had the same tasks scheduled in OmniFocus.

Since then, for the first time since Things was launched, OmniFocus is the only task manager on my Mac and on my iPhone. I have no one to blame but myself if I miss a task in OnmiFocus-can't say the same for Things.

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2010-05-02 at 02:08 AM..