View Single Post
whpalmer4,

I humbly submit that I did not see (did not navigate to) the actual relevant backups. Your post is *most* appreciated, though!

The saga continues...

I'm having a hard time making heads and tails of this. I'm using OF (OS X) (and iPhone OF, but I don't think that has any bearing).

At 6:17PM, 9/15/2009, I created my archive file (as explained in my original email).

When I chose File > Revert to Database Backup…, I was presented with a dialog showing:

~/Application Support/OmniFocus/

I didn't see any relevant backups there. Turns out, I think, that folder is just the last one I visited from that dialog, so it was remembered.

Later, I discovered that my backups are in ~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups

OK, good enough. Then I chose "Revert to Database Backup…" and selected:

OmniFocus 2009-09-15 181757 before archive.ofocus-backup (which was 5:58pm 9/15/2009)

… which is just prior to creating the archive.

However, the resultant OF file, which has a project "Studio is built", does *not* contain any completed actions (which show up in my archive file), *except* one completed Aug 4, 2009 1:34 PM. NOTE: in my current OF file, with the project selected, I have "Any Status" selected, so I'm not filtering out completed actions (and "Any Duration" and "Any Flag State").

I then reverted to the 5:58pm file ("OmniFocus 2009-09-15 175852.ofocus-backup") *not* marked as "before archive.ofocus-backup"; same results.

I then reverted to today's (9/15/2009) 4:58am database: "OmniFocus 2009-09-15 045827.ofocus-backup", yet still, the completed tasks are not showing. Since I had no archive file at all, at that point in time, the only thing that I can think of is that, perhaps, there is some kind of automatic archiving going on -- immediately upon opening an older file, pre-archive. When I choose "Move Old Data to Archive" (just to see what's going on; not executing the archiving), the date shown is: "8/1/09". But I would expect, that when restoring a copy of my OF db that had never been archived, that all items would appear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

p.s. ticket to Omni updated

Last edited by omnibob; 2009-09-15 at 08:04 PM..