View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Bob, check your CPU usage and I'm guessing OW is way up there. It does that to me on occasion and the input boxes get very slow to type in.
I happened to check when I wrote that, and CPU usage was consistently hanging out around 50-75%. Right now, it's bouncing back and forth between <5% and up to 85%. As I type this, it goes fine then pauses, perhaps when it's going crazy with the CPU.

Quote:
What links is OW opening in the background?
Nothing is actively opening. My single window has 69 tabs open. The vast majority of those are static pages, with no Flash content or anything. There was one page that had a big Flash area, but I told OW to stop playing it. I guess there could still be a small Flash ad or two lurking somewhere, but I know for sure there are no videos or sounds. Also, I've not viewed 90% of those tabs since my last browser restart, and I believe b1 still doesn't load plug-in content in the background (a bug which I've grown to regard as a nice feature in many cases). The network activity window showed nothing when I checked, and there's nothing downloading. I don't really know what OW is doing. Perhaps some of those tabs are periodically reloading themselves (a behavior which I'm still hoping the Omni folks will let me put an end to in the near future).

Sometime I might aim the dev tools at it on my desktop to see if I can shine any light on the behavior.