View Single Post
Fuzzy repetition like that found in Scrial Consistency. THAT is what we also need added to repeating tasks. It's exactly what many on this thread are talking about.

Instead of relying on a voting system of what users talk about or say, get everyone together at Omni for a common sense test on this one. I think that if you were to really examine this capability, it would become clear what an asset it would be to the software.

Have to remind yourself to clean the fish tank? What about keeping track of getting some monthly reports together? Do you need to prepare and submit paperwork that works of a really funky schedule like every other month on the 3rd Friday? What about reminding yourself to get the oil changed in your car?

A very robust repetition scheme that included fuzzy tracking like Consistency does would be a killer feature for OmniFocus. The test of this is to get together and ask yourselves at Omni, "would I use this?" I think if you did that, it would become more clear just how killer of a feature this would be.

Obviously, stability and syncing were far more important essentials. Now that they are more robust, it's time to take OmniFu to the next level and this whole repetition enchilada could do just that. People still buy enough copies of Consistency at $20 or whatever a pop (ridiculous price) to keep it in (slow) development. People want this even if they don't realize it yet. People want to be reminded of the things that they are responsible for that do not comfortably fit into the tracking systems we currently use.