View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeles View Post
Is there any way to do that from the context view?

When you check off the last action of an action group, you have to know it's the final action and then switch views and mark the action group complete. That just doesn't feel the right.

I believe that either the action group name should then appear in the context view, for you to check off, or it should become complete when the last action in the group is complete. Otherwise, the whole repeating nature of the action group comes down to whether you remember to change views and mark that action group complete.
This subject has been discussed extensively on the forums with little consensus. I've argued for having the action group name appear in the context view. I'm strongly opposed to auto-completing the parent, because that presumes that I've identified every next action in the group. Often times I only identify the next couple of actions, not every one. So auto-complete would create holes in the system for anyone without perfect planning.

The current behavior is that an action group with all children completed does not block subsequent tasks. This is a compromise that doesn't jibe with my intuition, but works OK. I wrote a script, available here, that I run in my daily review to identify action groups and projects that are missing next actions.

Curt