View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Just because your breadth across implementations is so narrow it's no good reason to brag about it. I've been working with UN*X systems since the early 1980s, and with TCP/IP-based infrastructure since 1993, and with commercial ISPs since about the same time. I've never heard of CPanel until today. It's good that you crave consistency in your work environment, but presuming that your experience somehow informs the rest of the computing world is really, really wrong. Heck, even "Linux"es don't often interoperate, and let's not even start chatting about POSIX.

Kudos to Ken & Co. for dealing with such blowhards in a calm and collected manner. Better than I could have done :-)
Listen to me Fanboy - I know all about software incompatibilities and vendors straying quite a long way from the spec - I spend a very good portion of my time making sure that things work with shoddy CSS and DOM implementation models for Internet Explorer - I know how the game is played.

But if something is available for sale (on the app store) it should be better than Beta software.

My Iphone copy of focus corrupted all on it's own and I had to reinstall - that's not me - that's the software.

Even using Idisk, the latest build of desktop focus - te syncing doesn't work 100% correct. And if it's not 100% trusted - I can hardly use it as my task management software can I?