View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsugaku-San View Post
When I saw Omni Focus on the App store I presumed that it and the desktop version were tested and ready to roll - that's not me being presumptuous - that's just standard practice.

And As I've already pressed that handy buy button - I have no choice other than 'to wait' do I?
With you here 100%, Tetsugaku-San. Leaving aside all issues that seem difficult to test prior to release (WebDAV implementation variance, thorough testing on target platform) I have to say I was shocked to see that a publlc release with advertised functionality actually needed an alpha version of the desktop app to exploit said functionality. Simple fact - the app, as a synchable version, was not ready for release and should not have gone out as such. As a standalone, fair enough. In British consumer law I would be entitled to a refund as the product is clearly not fit for advertised purpose.

Poor behaviour, Omni people. One thing I enjoy in the Mac world is the supportive community, but that's no excuse for foisting unfinished s/ware on us, and also no excuse for others to defend unprofessional practice.

Sorry if that seems harsh but, Omni, you do need to be aware of how some people feel about this.