Thread: custom styles
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
it doesn't sound like you're necessarily needing to style individual rows; it sounds like you'd like the ability to create a new style and then apply it to some rows. We do have a little bit of orthogonal styling state left: we haven't touched background color (except to indicate inbox items), so perhaps there's room to allow some amount of customization there like you can do with the colorizing rules in Mail. Would that help?
Yes! That's exactly what I want! Especially if it were combined with the single keypress capability you offer in Outliner. Ideally, I could apply a background color to specific actions, or to projects and all their actions.

And if I could also sort by color (as I can in Mail.app), or even filter by color, it would make this a killer feature. Not only an orthogonal style, but also an orthogonal attribute, which would allow those who want that to use background color as a way to assign priority levels (or anything else you might want to filter / sort by). The flexibility of flags (in content) with much greater power.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by henri; 2008-05-27 at 08:59 AM..