View Single Post
this is killing me right now... I am reading GTD (the book) and I'm so excited about implementing the total system via omni focus. I love omnifocus! but can't afford to cancel my current cell phone contract, i.e. an iPhone for me is half a year away at least!

Now I have everything (ok almost everything, I'm trying!) in OF and I want to be able to add stuff from my phone. I have 2 phones, a blackberry and palm treo, and I have missing sync for palm and blackberry (note: I bought both of these in hopes of using the basic task list to "GTD" before I knew about OF and GTD in general). But now here I am... first sync works great - after that, every time I sync the items I completed seem to return, then there are duplicates... and it seems it's all because I want to sync to my phone (this happens with either phone, I've tried one and the other - I'm not trying to sync both. actually the old palm treo has much better calendar support than the blackberry curve, specifically the ability to handle multiple calendars, but I digress).

So basically I can't use my on-the-go task list to edit at all, just to look at. Honestly, the best part of a mobile device task list is the satisfaction from clicking the check box! It's just not useful for me unless I can check the stuff off as I go. I'm really frustrated and it feels like my best hope to actually get things done is now being thwarted. I'm surrounded by technology and it's beginning to feel like I have to print out my todo's and check them off with a pen as I go through my day... that's crazy talk!

Has anyone come up with a work around (other than overwriting the handheld each time?).