View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
iCal is lousy for this or anything at a "professional" level; OF Tasks and iCal Events do not interoperate. I hope Omni moves toward a more universal Sync Services approach. (for example, OF won't move someting onto the iCal calendar and moving a iCal ToDo to the calendar does not delete it from my ToDo (ie OF Task) list). A poor standard calendar app should not be the reason Omni adds a large feature to OF.
I agree that iCal is not a fancy calendar, but it does its job pretty well. As far as interoperation between OF and iCal, we do not need OF to move tasks to calendar appointments or delete to do's when we move them to calendar appointments. The current sync scheme is just right for me.

In fact, we need to schedule our tasks manually rather than relying on a program. I start the day off by looking at what I need to accomplish, and if there are items that are critical and need a chunk of time, I scheduled them into my calendar appointments during the day. When I get the stuff done, I check them off as a task, and it syncs back to OF as completed. I do this also on Sunday morning for assigning any major tasks into time blocks during the week as well. As things change I move the time blocks during the week or day, but the task stays put waiting to be "completed."