View Single Post
I can't help but think that having some kind of indicator for "In Progress" at the task level would be helpful. Some will say that it would confuse/complicate/clutter the interface, but I say not necessarily, if it's implemented carefully.

One tap on a checkbox would mark an item complete as it always has. Nothing would change with that. But two taps could simply shade the box so that it stands out as being in progress. FireTask uses a squiggly line in the box instead of a check. That would be distracting but shading the box light gray would be easier on the eyes. Chris mentioned in another post improving the forecast screen, that the tasks that are started remain on the forecast screen on subsequent days. I think this would be great. This In Progress feature would tie in with that in the sense that a task marked as in progress by double tapping would then acquire this behavior that it would remain visible on subsequent days until marked complete. I am sure there are other implications to this but I think it would be a great feature.

If we don't have this ability then how else can we handle tasks that take longer to complete? Some will say to break them down further in to more tasks but this becomes impractical in many cases.