View Single Post
Hi - I am not sure I get this either. Whilst understanding your perspective about not shooting holes in the idea I equally don't think this is thought through.

Take iOS security which now includes encrypting all contents. You say this is a "pacifier" and these things can be broken. Well, you think OMNI have the resources to build a more secure platform than Apple?! Adding a password would be a futile gesture if we are to talk about real security! Password access would necessarily require encryption....and then the entire debate around how good that encryption is.

I am not mocking the need for security but I would say this. If you classify iOS and Mac OS X security as easily broken and nothing more than a pacifier then you haven't thought through what type of secure solution OMNI could possibly offer! And as good as they are I do not believe they are going to offer a solution that is better than what apple already provide!

IMHO - referring to your house analogy - switch on encryption and strong password protection, disable cloud services, and your front door becomes way safer than any safe you have inside of your house! And this is built into the mac and iOS covering all of your data!

As for transmitting data in the cloud for sync purposes --- do you really think encryption is that valuable? There are many debates about what encryption has and has not been broken. Bottom line - if your data is that sensitive omnifocus isn't the place to store it!

And in any event you can use a myriad of utilities to encrypt txt you store in omnifocus ---- far better to use those which allow different encryption for different data rather than a crack one access all data method!

IMHO of course :)

Last edited by StefMercury; 2012-02-20 at 04:35 PM..