View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiggott View Post
I think Logan has the right idea. The reason I'd like to see a multi-user version is because I have two project managers who utilize the same resources. It is imperative that they both know how much each resource has been utilized in other projects before they assign them to a new one. Not a big deal when you're talking about a half dozen projects; but when you've got 50 projects going on simultaneously and a dozen resources to work with it gets very complicated and time consuming to determine resource utilization. Being able to see resource utilization at a glance becomes huge from a scheduling standpoint as well as a staffing standpoint.

Another vote for a multi-user version!
Its even simpler than that. One project manager, multiple projects, multiple resources leads to chaos with resource allocation unless all the projects are in the same file. This is clearly a sub optimal solution.

So although multi user would be fantastic. More important to most people is resource allocation over multiple projects in different project files.

In all likelihood you can't solve this without a central server configuration and if you have that adding multi user capability is no big deal.