View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarkelo View Post
I asked about Billings in this forum and haven't got an answer yet :( (except for some gibberish post in unknown language). It's handy when you plan a project and then send an estimate to client based on the plan. I'm puzzled as of why Omni didn't think about that. Maybe they did and someone will answer the question soon.
if you want a guaranteed answer from Omni, you need to send the question to them directly via email to omniplan@omnigroup.com or Help->Send Feedback, rather than relying upon them to stumble across it on the user forum. You should get a response by the end of the next business day in most cases. It is also the best way to make a feature request or bug report.

My guess is that Billings integration was seen as something a relatively small number of customers would use compared to other features they regard as core functionality. There haven't been any posts to any Omni forum asking for Billings integration with OmniPlan prior to yours. Doesn't mean it isn't a great idea (I have no opinion on that) but it does make it easier to see why it might not have been at the top of the must-have features list for OP 2.0, which tackled many of the more frequently requested forum requests.

What exactly are you envisioning with this proposed integration? I can't examine the AppleScript dictionary for Billings here on my iPad, but it might be possible to code a script that you run to shovel the selected item(s) off to Billings. The likelihood that the AppleScript Fairy will put such a script under your pillow is made much greater (though still small) if there's a clear, concise description to work from...