View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I've been toying with the idea of picking up a keyboard for use with the iPad. Could you give a run-down of how well it works with OmniFocus, in particular? Is it worth having if that's the only use it is going to get?
My gut feeling: If you're hesitating to get the keyboard, don't. App navigation via keyboard is minimal at best. I played around briefly just now, and couldn't find anything in OF that went beyond simply typing in letters. Tab, Esc and Return don't do anything.

I use my keyboard a lot; I'm using it right now. I love it. However, if I'm writing a small amount of text it's easier to use the on-screen because it keeps your finger right next to the controls.

To reiterate, I am *very happy* with my Keyboard. But, I love keyboards. I got the first Newton keyboard and wrote a driver for it since I didn't have the latest OS. I used a folding keyboard on an iPaq with Linux and on a Nokia phone.

The Newton had tab to next field, and you could even add your own command-key equivalents. Hold down down command key for a few seconds, and a window popped up with a list of equivalents. On the iPad, cut/copy/paste are the only ones that appear to exist. And you can control the backlight and music and volume.

Also, the Apple keyboard is easy to turn on in your bag by mistake; the button is nearly flush with the edge of the keyboard.