View Single Post
This isn't a case of a few bugs that need to be fixed - the technology that 1Password's OmniWeb plug-in depended on has been completely removed from Lion. (Scripting Additions.)

Apple had good reasons for doing that - it helps to make Lion more secure - but it also means that some things that were possible in Snow Leopard and earlier just aren't in Lion.

Agile has limited development resources to work with, so they've made the completely reasonable decision to focus their efforts on the browsers that have the biggest footprint. (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.)

It might be possible on a technical level for us to re-engineer OmniWeb in such a way that their Safari extension would work, but my understanding is that it would be an unfeasibly large amount of work to do so.

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but the current situation isn't likely to change in the foreseeable future. As someone who uses OmniWeb and 1Password, it's a disappointment to me, as well. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let folks know.