View Single Post
Brian from Omni did state in this thread that the current OmniFocus app is a temporary solution and OmniFocus for iPad is coming....

I'm sure the OmniFolks aren't resting on their laurels right now. They're pretty committed to getting their apps on the iPad.

If we were patient enough for the iPad then we are patient enough for OmniFocus on the iPad. Heck, we had no choice but to be patient for Apple to announce the iPad back in January. And we had no choice but to be patient and wait for it to ship.....

Now we can toss bottles and throw Molotov cocktails all we want. It won't speed things up unless you're gonna roll up your sleeves, brush off your Cocoa programming manuals and pitch in with development.

I'd rather make sure the OmniFolks take their time and prepare a proper OmniFocus for the iPad. Redesigning for the bigger screen is not a cake walk. There is so much room to play with and a new interface has to be designed for it. It's basically a whole new program. Sure the underlying code is the same but the workflow needs to be carefully considered. Leave the coders in their basements and don't bother them until they come out with a brand new baby.....

As for Things, there have been many OF users who had defected to Things only to return right back. Some have stayed with Things. That's their choice and I can only wish them well on the other side. It may be a better fit for them.

OmniFocus on my iPod touch is still running strong for me. I'll be toting around my iPod touch throughout the day. The only reason I'd use OmniFocus on the iPad would most likely be for my daily review and weekly review. But I already do this on my MacBook. I did this before the iPad was announced. And I'm probably gonna keep doing this after the iPad is announced. I'll wait and see if I can justify another version of the same program.

You can always buy Things for iPad, play with it and see if you like it. When OmniFocus iPad comes out, play with that and then settle on a new workflow that best fits you. For some people, Things is the better workflow. For others, OmniFocus is the app of choice.

Heck, I know I'm still waiting for a Core i5/i7 MacBook Pro!

Two apps down... Three more to go.

+ OmniPlan
+ OmniOutliner
+ OmniFocus

Last edited by wilsonng; 2010-04-04 at 09:49 PM..