View Single Post
Hi Fudster,
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, the solution above only worked about 50% of the time on my system. Alternatively we can hit CMD+K in Twitterrific to Mark all Tweets as Read. We can incorporate this into the applescript by putting these two lines after the END TELL pertaining to Omnifocus.

tell application "Twitterrific [GTD]" to activate
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "k" using command down

Note that I call my Twitterrific 3.2.4 by a different name to identify it in my system as the app I use solely for syncing with OF; If you copy and paste these lines, make sure to change the app name to what it's called on your system.

Also, CMD+K is mark ALL as read, however there is no concern for Tweets getting marked as read before getting into OF (ie, if I send five separate tasks to twitter, will all five make it to OF, or just the first?). Since this is invoked inside ON PROCESS_TWEET, the CMD+K is only affecting that currently processing tweet and all OLDER tweets; not the new tweets which are on queue to be processed right after.

Hope this helps
-Ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudster View Post
For anyone that's using the Twitterific/Applescript solution for capturing tweets into OF - I realized that I never posted the solution to my problem, quoted here.

What was happening for me is that the tweets must be marked as read, otherwise the script will be called for them every time Twitterific starts.

To mark them read, make sure the "Automatically show window when new tweets arrive" checkbox is "on". You'll probably also want to choose "After showing tweets, hide: *after 10 seconds*" option, I guess this is as close as we can get to getting Twitterific to process our tweets in the background, with no dupes. Turns out I never notice the window showing, because I'm always out and about when I create the tweets. :-)