View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo Suominen View Post
I set up OmniFocus sync via Omni Sync, and that seems to work well. However, there's no method of setting up Omni Sync within OmniGraffle. There isn't even a settings panel, only the Import Document button in the top bar, which has the Copy from iDisk and Copy from WebDAV functions. If anyone knows how to set up Omni Sync in OmniGraffle for iPad, please let me know.
Omni Sync Service is just WebDAV, so that is the option you use. The site field will be https://sync.omnigroup.com/your_user_name and the user name and password fields get your user name and password for the service, of course.
Quote:
Thanks! Now I'm can open OmniGraffle documents from my Dropbox on the iPad, which is 50% of what I need. Hope this works in OmniOutliner for iPad also. (Although I'm still hoping for full Dropbox sync...)
While I agree that it would be convenient to have Dropbox support built-in, I would probably prefer that they spent the time implementing additional OmniOutliner functionality rather than yet another file access method. With the Mac version, one at least has the opportunity to try to provide missing features via Applescript, but there is no such opportunity on the iPad. It won't matter that I can more easily get a file into the app if the app doesn't support the OO feature I need to use!