View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo Suominen View Post
Upload times were horribly slow (10 megs took 20 minutes to upload), but then again, the server obviously isn't meant for anything else than syncing OmniFocus tasks (http://shawnblanc.net/2011/01/ars-case-interview/).
I'm not sure it is that obvious! But thanks for the link to the interview, which I hadn't seen. It's amusing to read the Ars Technica article, follow the link to last year's interview, and read all the comments.

I think there are some inefficiencies in the WebDAV support on the Omni iOS apps, but haven't had time to investigate more closely. If my hunch is correct, it is almost doubling the time required to send a file there!

Part of your problem is likely to be your location; there's only one server, not a world-wide network of them only a few hops away (my time to Omni's server is about 29 ms vs. 230 ms to wsoy.fi, for example). I'm able to send files to the server from my Mac at my (upload) line rate, about half a megabit per second, which works out to roughly 2 1/2 minutes to write a 10 megabyte file. With the generally excellent Scandinavian broadband, you might be better off finding a WebDAV provider more local to you. Transferring the same file to my Mac over my network, I see data rates up to 1.2 megabytes/second on the inbound interface.