View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23dex View Post
Thank you psidnell for all the work on this!
Thanks!

Quote:
I have things working on my machine now, and I can do a basic export. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding how some of the options work, so I wanted to ask about how one would do some things.
It's not for the feint of heart :-)

Quote:
Basically, I'd like to export (just to plain text), my non-completed tasks that are due in the next two weeks (or some type of time). I assume there's some way to do this with the "due=" setting, but I am not able to figure it out.

I would like to change this so I could run this every morning, and always report on the next two weeks worth of due tasks. What is the best way to do something like this?
You probably found the date syntax documentation here but things are made more complex by the need to carefully quote things to get them through the shell unscathed, that's what catches most people out.

It doesn't have anything like multipliers for the date specs e.g. 2 weeks or 14 days (not a bad idea though), the nearest it can get is:

Code:
ofexport -a "due='today to next fri'" -a prune | more
ofexport -a "due='today to 2013-07-08'" -a prune | more
The reason I've used -a instead of -t here as that the latter applies only to tasks, whereas the former applies to anything applicable (projects and tasks). I'm guessing you'd want to see tasks without a due date that are in a project with a due date.