View Single Post
Sorry, OmniGroup. The fact of the matter is you had ideas in mind other than user satisfaction when you released this crippled software just in time for iPhone Day 1. You don't deserve thanks for that. I appreciate your efforts to clean up your mess but you went out way too early with this software. It is below your standards. You all know it, and every developer and user out there who loves all your other stuff and your incredible creativity knows it as well. I hope you learn from this mistake. Perhaps one day this application will sync as was originally advertised, will allow one to enter tasks without having to wait 30 seconds, will not crash every 5 minutes or less, and will truly implement the vision of Mind Like Water.

I've used too much fantastic Omnigroup software to have expected this shoddy, embarrassing of an effort to proceed from this company. At least you are trying to fix things, but it certainly in no way excuses you from the raw profit motive you took in capitalizing on the momentum of the iPhone launch at the expense of your values and your customers' trust. I urge you to find some way to apologize to your customers to compensate them for believing that you would never take such liberties with their trust -- releasing such a demonstrably defective piece of software in which many of them were literally entrusting their daily livelihood. Well, I and perhaps hundreds of others of your loyal customers have learned better than to trust anything to Omnifocus for iPhone. Hopefully, you can help me unlearn what I've learned.

I'm sure you'll fix every issue, but you still owe everyone an apology.

Sorry for the flame, but I think it sadly is all true.

Peace.