View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie73 View Post
I'm an omnifocus user however my work environment is windows only. I've been contemplating purchasing an iPad just to use with OF and would like some feedback from you guys about how this would hold up as a primary OF setup for use at work. I'd be using it with the dockable keyboard or a bluetooth keyboard for rapid entry at work.

Any thoughts?
Hi Newbie73,

I'm not sure from your post whether you intend being a completely stand-alone iPad user or if you also have OmniFocus on a Mac at home.

I've posted on this subject over in the Omni Lounge, and having got a couple of considered responses from well-respected Members, I've spent the last month trying desperately to get used to my iPad within a work environment.

It may well be my age, but using my iPad in the office infuriates me! I'll ignore its technical limitations vs. a laptop, (for an OF example re: rapid entry, see this link), and focus on a problem that drives me to distraction: other people treat it completely differently from my iPhone or MacBook. As an example, I was in a client's office last week and within a few minutes of arrival, it had been appropriated. I have to confess that I'm now completely sick-and-tired of being asked within minutes of me taking it out of my bag: "can I have a go?" ... then watching it get passed around and being returned four hours later...!

I find that even within my own company it's treated as something to be loaned out or shared on demand, in a way that no-one but a close colleague or only in a dire emergency would I be asked to lend my iPhone or MacBook.

I'm afraid that I belong to the 'too rich to care' school, so I'm about to relegate it to home activities and get myself the new 11" AirBook which is just as easy to carry, has many more benefits, and won't suffer (hopefully!) the above issue.

I trust my seriously negative review above goes some way to helping you arrive at a considered decision. :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-11-07 at 11:38 AM..