View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, I'm not so sure I agree in this particular case. Is "Go Surfing" a single action that doesn't require multiple steps? That's the definition of a project, more or less.
I agree with whpalmer4 here. But like you said, HappyDude, use whatever works for you. OmniFocus is flexible enough to be used in a variety of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Put a start date on your repeating action. You won't see it until the start date arrives, and when it repeats, the new action will have a start date that is adjusted accordingly.
And be sure to set your view bar to show "Available" or "Next Action" (3rd pulldown from the right) so actions that haven't started yet won't be displayed in your perspective.

I suspect this is the same issue you're seeing with your action groups for nesting sequential/parallel actions. If you have a parallel action group with 3 actions but your view bar in context mode is set to only display "Next Action", then you'll still only see the first of the three parallel actions. The key is to set your view bar to display "Available" actions; then all three of the parallel actions will be visible.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-05-16 at 08:25 AM..