View Single Post
An addendum: I've found one seemingly watertight (but painfully hackish) way of reducing the file size, at least. (Still haven't tested its impact on syncing... Maybe I just broke everything ;-)

On one of the machines:

1. Turn off sync
2. Export to OmniFocus file
3. Manually replace ~/Library/Application\ Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus with the exported file (as it seems impossible to simply import it)
4. Delete OmniFocus.ofocus from your iDisk
5. Turn on sync again

After this, you should hopefully be able to "broadcast" this new file to the other machines (or you could simply delete their files before syncing, to make sure). Haven't tried this part yet, though, as I'm still waiting for my iDisk to finish a previous sync of the OmniFocus file (which is taking *quite* some time...).

Update: I've now synced the new file with the server(and realized that I probably didn't have to wait for the iDisk -- I erroneously thought OF worked with the local copy), with some transactions added, downloaded it with another OF, synced that and then synced the first -- and now everything looks like it should. I.e., the added transactions are now consolidated with the database, which is 148K. Yay!

It remains to be seen if it will still work when I involve my third machine (at work) tomorrow... Oh, well. If not, at least now I have a reset hack when it grows too large :)

Last edited by mlh; 2008-07-20 at 06:02 PM..