View Single Post
I suspect that the Omni guys changed something fundamental in the way the sync process works. Here's why:

A few days ago, I was having problems with my data file growing larger and larger. I applied the "Lizard fix", and my data file went from over 8MB to 56K. Then within a day it went up to around 300K, but stayed steady at that size.

Then yesterday, I upgraded to the most recent sneaky peak, and noticed in the release notes this sentence "Fixed problems with syncing multiple computers or devices at the same time against the same iDisk or WebDAV server." Hmmm... I thought.

And then I noticed that all of my clients (2 computers, 1 iPhone) wanted to revert their databases to a server or local copy. Thankfully, I had a good data copy on the server and so I didn't lose anything.

Well, then I checked out the package contents on the server and noticed a whole bunch of .client files. At first, I was alarmed... but I trust the Omni guys, so I kept an eye on it. And my file IS NOT growing, in fact, it has shrunk to 65K.

Lizard, could you give any insight into this? Should I be concerned that there are now a whole bunch of .client files in my OF database? It seems like the size is just fine, so I just want to make sure.