View Single Post
If that works for you Steve, great! But GTD was devised because that system doesn't work well for a lot of us.

I have very, very few appointments, but tons of To Do items. Back in the pre-TD day, I would keep a calendar, with a long string of To-Do items on each day. Before computers, I would give up on the system because transferring the list to the next calendar page was too much work; on the Mac, I would look at the calendar, see the long list, and MEGO (my eyes glaze over).

By separating the hard landscape from the time-independent actions, GTD lets me focus on each action. Adding Context to the action further refines my list, so I only see the actions I can work on where I am now. I have set my computer up so my calendar opens every morning, which is often enough for me to plan my day.

Steve, it sounds like new versions of the classic "Day Timer" system are working for you. If so, don't try to force yourself into the GTD system. Stick with what works for you -- I'm sure Ken and the OmniFolk wont mind if you ignore OmniFocus.

--Liz