View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post

That said, I would wish this issue were resolved in the context of a larger problem with the following symptoms:

* the iPhone version has no way to set a Project to auto-complete when its last task is done (as is possible on the Mac version)
Agreed, but it does honor the setting.
Quote:
* the badge counts of remaining "actions" counts a Project as an additional "task" even when that Project is to be "auto-completed" (and therefore is not really an additional task)
Unless one's actions are truly uniform in duration, I find it hard to see how this is a big deal.
Quote:
* Projects that are to be "auto-completed" show in lists of "actions" even when they are marked to be "auto-completed" (...)
This has a benefit — you can mark off that entire group as being done with a single tap. Not saying this is why the implementation came out the way it did, but it has its uses.
Quote:
* checking a Project completed checks all its actions, yet unchecking a Project does not uncheck all its actions regardless of the auto-complete state of the Project
I agree that unchecking the project does not uncheck actions, but I was also unable to find a place where marking a project as complete caused uncompleted actions to be marked complete on iPad, iPod or Mac. Do you have an example?
Quote:
Basically, the principled consequences of setting or not the auto-complete feature of a Project (as is an option on the Mac) are not fully enforced in practice through all possible user interactions with and user reviews of Projects or their underlying tasks.
Can you name any feature for which that is not true? :-)