View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Unless you're seeing a message I've never seen, the message says "Mac OS X requires restarting other applications before they will use the new keyboard shortcut." That just means that you need to quit and restart any application that was running at the time you set the shortcut if you want to be able to use the shortcut in that application.

Yes, the shortcut should appear next to OmniFocus: Send to Inbox when viewing the Services section of the Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences. If OmniFocus: Send to Inbox appears in the list but without your shortcut, try unchecking, quitting System Preferences, and setting it again from within OmniFocus. If it still does not work, contact Omni's support group.
Hi, I have been seeing the same issue, and at least in my case the above is correct: it is merely the standard error message that tells you that the new shortcut won't work until you restart the other applications (i.e. whichever app you'd like to use the clipping in - e.g. Mail)

This error may suggest that part of OF thinks the new key assignment worked, as it ends up showing up just below the still empty field for setting that.

Finally, I was able to fix it by simply setting a key combo in System Preferences, rather than from OF's preferences window. Afterwards OF preferences does show the shortcut, and for now it works...

Thanks for delineating exactly where to find this in Syst. Prefs, by the way!