View Single Post
Old habits die hard and all that...

One thing that has changed recently... with the addition of those beautiful red numbers, I am now using the start date.

What is beautiful about this is... if I filter on available, they won't even show up! (I can just hear the DOH's in the audience now) Well maybe you knew that, but I've been using due dates for everything and using my grouping of due date to see what was due today for me to do. But using the start date on a repeating action, and when completed, the action magically goes away. Brilliant! ;-)

And in my old system, which will go unnamed, if I got to an action item that needed something done before I could get to that action item, I would create a child with the appropriate action. When that child action was completed, the parent action would appear and I could either complete it or add another child that moved that action forward. I still like this paradigm, but it's what I've been using for the past 5 years.

As you know, parent actions with completed children do not show up in OmniFocus. So I've been attempting to switch back to project view, hold the shift key and hit enter to create a action ahead of the action that couldn't be completed. :-o (hope that made sense) It works beautifully with sequential projects, parallel projects I'm not so sure.

All this to say, I've been changing my habits and OF is purring along wonderfully. That isn't to say there aren't bugs left... but it feels good inside. A relaxed warm buzz...